Tuesday, February 16


The day after the Night of Bliss was definitely a blissful day for me and some other fortunate individuals as we gained knowledge on using data to tell our stories graphically as professional journalists/communicators.
On 6th February, 2016, a moment after the famous Night of Bliss by the renowned pastor, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, held at the Black Star Square, I happened to benefit from a workshop put together by iJourno Africa by the name Journoshop II. This took place at the premises of the Ghana Institute of Journalism.
I can confidently hit my chest that I have gained an invaluable information which makes me higher than most of my colleagues based on the capacity of information and skills I gained last time.
IJourno Africa's photo.
Some participants attentively listening
With the Journoshop II, we were enlightened on how to use data representation to report in a more graphical way.
The resource persons inspired me especially. Bernardino Avle, host of the Citi Breakfast Show on Citi Fm 97.3 fm is a very fantastic. He took up the mantle to give us more light on what data was and how they can be processed into information.
One thing Bernard mentioned which continues to linger in my mind is that data is used to generate information and that information is used to provide knowledge even as knowledge gives insights into things. I don't want to forget this particular statement that  between data and information, we seek relations, between information and knowledge, we seek patterns and finally between knowledge and insights, we seek to find out the causality.
Bernardino Avle delivering
Bernard kept me specifically on my feet for the other two forthcoming speakers at the profession-changing event.
Carolyn Thompson of Canada also reached us through the Skype as she threw more light on how data and in some cases information can be gathered for this form of journalism. Carolyn hinted on how to view and fish out for the information needed.
Sandister Tei, a multimedia journalist of Citi Fm crowned it all with a nicely packaged infographic session which was very educative and empowering.
It is very interesting to that I learnt the skill of graphic designers in the journalism field in a couple of minutes.
I believe that I have gained invaluable information, skill, and above all power to take on the this country, continent, and generation. Of course, without constant practice of the skill attained, it will vanish into the thin air and everything will be a waste.
If I hadn't been at this second edition of Journoshop, I would have deprived myself of a greater opportunity. I lie in wait for the third edition of Journoshop, which I believe will be more explosive.
Journoshop II was organized by iJourno Africa, an entity founded by Nana Boakye Yiadom of Citi Fm, an award winning Journalist.
Thanks to God for this experience and God bless all those who made Journoshop II a success.
Samples of works by Participants are showcased below.


KINDLY COMMENT ON THIS SO AS TO IMPROVE ON SUBSEQUENT WRITE-UP. YOU CAN DO THAT HERE OR FACEBOOK (JULIUS KOFI SATSI) OR TWITTER @PESOLA 1

0 comments: